June 21, 2026 My Perspective on Fathers' Day

 I don't think my dear man realizes how precious his presence to his older grands. 

Sure, they spend a lot of time in the shop with him.  Either they are helping him, or doing their own thing, it matters not. They are with him.

Just now, Grand 1 came in. "Hey, Grampa, would you like to go fishing with me?"  I gave hubs the side eye, like "don't you dare say no".  So, off they go, including Grand 2.

It's so different with me.  What I get is, "Gramzie, you're out of cookies", or "You're out of ice cream".  These are the same little boys who used to clamor to be allowed to "help" with the cookies.  That evolved into "I can make them myself" (I "get" to clean up).  Now? Crickets.

In all fairness, I know they are growing up.  They still come over to watch games.  Or stop just to see what we are having for supper. (hint, hint)  You know, just in case it's better than what's at home.

I'm here if they NEED something. Grampa gets the fun; fishing, tractor rides, learning to drive a clutch.  

They spent their first several years without a father in their lives. Randy was their father figure, and he was the best. Now they have an involved stepdad, but Grampa is still #1.  

It's days like today that bring all of that back, when they ask him to spend time with them.  That, my friends, is a great tribute.

They are the third generation of boys we've been involved in raising, including our own, and we wouldn't have it any other way. 

Isn't time precious? ☘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 1, 2025. Short and (Not So) Sweet

January 29, 2026 A Year of Lasts

May 23, 2026 Heartbreak