July 25, 2026 Sounds of Silence

Early, early morning here, even for me.  Technically, I've been awake since 3:28, up since 4:40.  Nothing is wrong, I simply woke up and couldn't fall back asleep.

Randy and Grands 2&3 were off for the Ayrshire memorial tractor ride shortly before 6.  They think they wake up better for something like this at our house.  How those two boys wake up is always up for grabs, with the common comment of warning when one is out of sorts being "don't poke the bear".  This could apply to any one of the three on any given day.  In spite of the shotgun start, both awoke in good time, and while the older may have been less than cheerful, there was no conflict over the cereal bowls. I call that a win!

The big boy is off to DSM with the basketball team as manager of sorts.  Here is what I'll carry all day:  At 6:15, he walked in our back door just to say "Hi and goodbye" on his way to the HS.  He is here almost every day, mostly just checking in.  I'm not sure if it's for him or us, but I'll take it.  I love that he knows this is, and always has been, his safe place to land. 

So while I got to listen to the world wake up, the slider is now shut to keep the tendrils of humidity from invading any further.  Cup 3 is steaming in my hand and plans to deep clean the kitchen in the forefront, since I'll have no interruptions.  I also might do some searching for wallpaper for the laundry alcove...?

Oh, and Mr. Crankypants?  He dropped us with a bad check, which was replaced with cash, and is now on the blocked list. Ta-da.

Retirement is gradually getting easier all the time. ☘


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 1, 2025. Short and (Not So) Sweet

January 29, 2026 A Year of Lasts

May 23, 2026 Heartbreak